Saturday 15 December 2012

QuadBlogging

I have just added my name to the QuadBlogging group two of the #edcmooc group. I am not sure what I will get from this but it seems worthwhile to give it a go.
There are so many suggestions coming from the people enrolled on the Elearning and Digital Cultures MOOC that, as I posted in FaceBook in the #edcmooc group, it can become overwhelming.
I am flipping between Facebook personal and group lists, Twitter, work and home e-mail, writing two blogs, this one and http://learningteachingspaces.blogspot.co.uk/.  Then there are SMS messages, Linkedin, http://wallwisher.com/wall/edcmooc (thanks to Steve Stander for this), my cloud storage, Picassa for pictures, Spotify for music etc etc.

The purposes I use digital  connectivity for are:
work
education
shopping
finance
entertainment
campaigning
research
keeping up to date with current affairs

My whole life is probably out there in a combination of 1s and 0s which is quite a sobering thought.

The amazing thing is that I think that this is probably a short list compared to what most adolescents use.
Anyway enough for now

4 comments:

  1. I would like to set up my blog like yours so that I can stay focused and not run around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for your blog then angela's and then kelcy's. I have a list of blog's i follow on wordpress, maybe I should just follow my blog mates for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, there is a limit to how much time one can spend reading and writing, and much as I enjoy reading everyone's perspectives, we will soon be doing the course for real and we will find ourselves spread very thinly!

      Delete
  2. Willa
    I am not familliar with Wordpress but I imagine it should be easy to ass the QuadBlogg 2 links to yourt page. It also means that others readin g our Bloggs will see the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much as I have moaned about blogger, I do like the way you can list the blogs on the sidebar. I have mine like your's Nigel, but underneath the titles, it tells you when they are updated.By the way, your interest in the green school? My friend has a child who goes there on and off. (They go to Bali to write)

    ReplyDelete